Monday 7 January 2013

Cookies and Cream Bark with Roasted Macadamias

The New Year is a time when everyone resolves to eat healthier and lose the pounds they clocked up at Christmas time. To that, I say: No Way José! Here in Australia, January is blissfully warm and sunny, so as soon as soon as I wake up, I throw on my gym clothes and head out for a hike. I don't only do this to enjoy the summer weather - I believe it allows me to indulge in some of my favourite foods without a shred of guilt. At the moment, I'm obsessed with macadamias and think their crunch perfectly complements creamy white chocolate. So let's get started, shall we?

To feed a few greedy guts, you'll need:

250g Raw Macadamias 
1 block White Cooking Chocolate
10 Oreo Cookies


First up, chuck your nuts on a cookie tray and roast them in a 200°C preheated oven for 10 minutes. While they're roasting, give your Oreos a good smashing until they are finely crumbled.

Once the macadamias are heated (not browned), remove them from the oven and cut them into halves (mind your digits - these nuts will be HOT!) Add them to the Oreo Crumbs.

In a separate bowl, melt your chocolate as per the packet instructions (I used a bain-marie but I don't mind you microwaving if it floats your boat).


Once melted, introduce the chocolate to the dry stuff in one big happy bowl and combine.

Grab the tray you used to roast the nuts and line with baking paper, then pour the mix evenly across the tray, aiming for 1cm thickness. I know it looks horrible at this stage, but bear with me because this ugly duckling turns into a beautiful swan once cooled!


Pop the tray in the fridge (or the freezer if you're like me and need it pronto) and allow it to set completely. Snap into pieces like so, and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment